Wednesday 11 March 2015

Dungeon

JournalWord: Someone Else's Son

::


I could scream and someone would hear.

The gate is so close, but my parents are so far. And, besides, I don’t know where I am.

But I know, if I scream like I did that night they captured me,
Mum will lose more sleep.
And Nancy and Bill say they’ll kill
Mum and Dad if I tell.

But the gate is open
And the neighbors are out watering their lilies.
Someone will help me
Someone will take me home.

I can’t go, though, because if I am caught again,
Surely the belt blows will break my bones.
I have to keep Mum and Dad safe,
Because I can,
So I’ll stay someone else’s son today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your reaction to the story is highly anticipated. I'd love to know what you think so feel free to comment and criticize. (And suggestions are always welcome and considered!)

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.